Fugitive Firefly

Running away with the last bit of hope

Humans are unpredictable beings

So, as I've recently described to you all, I am currently trying to raise funds for the Hope to Haiti project. And let me tell you, it's been quite a rough start.

Everyone knows that when one begins fundraising, the first people you need to contact are family members and neighbors. But you see, my contact list is unfortunately short and I have a high goal of $5,000. So after I made the obligatory phone calls to my relatives, I started asking my friends for help. Realizing that many are in the same financial situations as I, a donation was not requested. All I asked was for them to share the link to my page with others.

A week went by and none of my closest friends had followed through.

So I started messaging old classmates, people that I barely and speak to now. And within 12 hours they had shared my fundraising page with others. I am quite baffled by the behavior I've witnessed, but I am very grateful for the old classmates who were so quick to help out.

Here's to hoping that the next week of fundraising will be easier.

Total raised: $285 

0 comments: