Fugitive Firefly

Running away with the last bit of hope

Bloggerstock: What is your theme song?

Bloggerstock was formed by a small group of bloggers who connected on 20SB. Participants are given a single topic to write about and post on another's blog. The blogs are linked together, essentially forming a blog-ring of related posts.

About our guest blogger, Ella Unread: "Pedestrian between teen years and adulthood... Terribly random and never afraid of showing the way I feel... Willing to be considered the modern Joseph Conrad one day. Not an easy goal, I must admit."



What is your theme song?

I'd have to go and check my iPod in order to answer that question, but first you should know I am one of those freaks that only have like 300 songs...why, you'd ask, if you have so much space? Well, the fact that I have more space left doesn't mean I want to fill it, you packrats!

I don't have a song. There. I said it.
 I beat around the bush because I really don't have a particular song that would be mine, that, except for a song that was written for me...I guess that would be my theme song, literally. But let's not get into those dark waters...

I like different songs on different days, though I am always listening to the same playlist over and over again, till I can't stand Basket Case anymore, that's how creepy I am.

There is a song, however, that reminds me of a hard time in my life i.e. last year, it was one of the best years of my life, but I needed some musical therapy in order to put up with it. That's when The All American Rejects came to save me. (I am saying this with all the pain I can find, for I am a Blink 182 + Green Day fan and I should stab myself and practice a harakiri as you read this for being such a traitor).

Anyway, this song lifted me up when I truly though I had run out of strength.

It's so cheesy but effective that it reminds me of myself listening to it, walking at night, trying to pretend everything was OK, trying to hold on...I can still feel the Summer heat become Autumn's breeze through my hair...I can still remember the chills of the end of Autumn and packing my belongings...I remember holding on to the small things and I see myself now... I moved along.


 
Want to know what my theme song is? Check it out at Just The Ashes.

5 comments:

Ella, you are eloquent as always. I don't think that you are really a traitor to your favorite bands for picking this song. If it helped to pick you up and keep you going, that is what counts!

 

Thanks Alex! You are the nicest ever, as always :) I know I am not a traitor, I just felt it was funny to write so :P

 

Ella!
I do that too- listen to something over and over and over and over again until I am SICK of it. And then a few years later it'll come on the radio or whatever..and I'll stick it on loop for half a year.. the cycle continues!

 

Ella, I'm the same way! I've been listening to 21st Century Breakdown every time I'm in the car for MONTHS now! I'm not sick of it, yet... Plus if you're a Green Day traitor, so am I. I love listening to AAR or Fall Out Boy, especially if I'm at the gym.

 

If I have seen one common theme it's that no one actually wants to choose one song.

I have also never met anyone who isn't eager to use up all their ipod space. Congrats ;)