Fugitive Firefly

Running away with the last bit of hope

You're just yesterday's prize

There was a time when I wanted you, a time that lasted a lot longer than it should have. A time that should have ceased before now.

I must say that it is quite liberating to have you free from my thoughts, to see your name on my news feed and feel nothing. Not anger, not happiness, not love or hate. Just, nothing. As much as I would have liked another chapter in our book, the tale ends here. That’s the way you wanted it, so that is the way it will be. Maybe someday there will be a sequel, one with a better ending, but I am done entertaining that idea.

I do not miss us. Not anymore. My eyes are on the future now.

The mistakes I've made in this life, I can't say why or when. But the thing that's strange is you only live once, I'll never look back again.

0 comments: