Fugitive Firefly

Running away with the last bit of hope

Hello Snow Day, Goodbye Productivity

I made a promise to myself last night, in those last few moments before I drifted off to sleep. I would be productive today. I would wake up before 11:00 and be on campus by 1:00. And on campus I would remain until I got some work done.

That promise was broken about ten minutes after I woke up.

I looked out the window to find that, for once, the weatherman was right in his prediction: we got about ten inches of snow last night. Ten inches! I've never seen that much; not in the city, anyway. Still I checked the bus schedule only to find that none of the buses are running today. In other words: No trip to school for Amberlynn.

Of course, I got nothing done today. The reasoning behind last night's promise was so that I could do my work without being surrounded by distractions. I mean really, do you know how hard it is to read a chapter on Syntactic Theory when access to youtube, Facebook, and various forums lay at your fingertips? It's darn near impossible. Therefore a trip to school was necessary.

Now only a few hours of the day remain and still there is a pile of homework mocking me. Call me crazy, but I honestly think it grew in the hour I was outside enjoying the snow.
 

Oh my goodness! How could I have forgotten? I took pictures while out. Whew! Now I can't say that I did absolutely nothing today :) Enjoy the pics.

 

3 comments:

I enjoyed your snow pics.

Thanks for linking up with Friday Follow. I've been going down the list and so here I am now a new blog follower. Happy weekend!

~ Lynn
http://www.middayescapades.com

 

Aaahhh, at last the followers tab, consider it punched! Thanks for taking a peek at my blog; I'll be around to see if you ever get that homework done. I certainly haven't gotten to mine yet. ;)
Distractions abound - Wa-hoo!

(This friday followers thing rocks eh?)

 

Very Pretty. Thanks for joining Friday Follow. Glad to have you part of the fun. Rita @ http://one2try.blogspot.com/