Fugitive Firefly

Running away with the last bit of hope

You're a traitor to the Florida race

Snow Day #3 is quickly coming to an end. With over a foot of snow on the ground, ice-covered roads, and temperatures barely making it to the double digits, it's like Old Man Winter is saying "Take that, Floridian! Go back to the Sunshine State where you came from!"

"Bring it, old man!" is what I say. "I have yet to fall on you're slippery roads. Your snow makes even the ugliest of neighborhoods pretty. And I happen to like the cold!"

Florida Girl say what?

I'm not lying- I really do like cold temperatures. There's just something invigorating about it and I will take this snowy weather over the heat and humidity any day. After living in Florida for 18 years I can tell you this much: it is much easier to warm up than it is to cool down. 


I never really understood the Florida appeal. I mean, the weather sucks for 11 months of the year, the summer being the worse. Not only are temps and humidity high, but it rains just about every day. In fact, I can even tell you when in the day it is going to rain-- between 2:00 and 7:00 PM.

Then there's whole lack of seasonal changes. You know, the leaves changing, the snow showers, the brisk Spring air. There are essentially two seasons in Florida: hot and less hot.

So why do my classmates think me odd for leaving the sunbelt? The way I see it, they have been the lucky ones.

 

Homework status: Almost done!

0 comments: